Staying Alert


By Joelyn Hansen

I'm amazed about the latest technology the IFPD and Bonneville County Sheriff's Office is offering to residents -- AlertID. If you've spoken to me in the last week I'm sure that I've mentioned to program at least once maybe even twice in our conversation. It's a great tool and I'm excited to tell people about it.

AlertID is a free service available online and on mobile applications to help protect your family and community. AlertID uses the most advanced technologies to create two-way communication between citizens and federal, state and local authorities to provide information on crime, sex offenders, terrorism, natural disasters, severe weather and other public safety concerns.

In the last couple of weeks I've spent much time exploring the capabilities of the program and I must say I'm impressed. I think you will be too.

I encourage you to sign-up and then talk to your neighbors about signing up.

I should mention that if you attend the IFPD Open House on March 20th you can learn more about it as I'll be showcasing AlertID.