Speak Out!



 By Joelyn Hansen


 I don't know Miss Teen Idaho Falls Ashley Traughber personally. But, I must say that in my limited interaction with her, I was impressed with her motivation and determination to raise awareness about child abuse and neglect.

Yesterday, in front of a small crowd gathered outside the Bonneville County Courthouse steps, 13-year-old Ashley urged everyone to help stop child abuse and neglect. Speaking from her own experience, Ashley spoke passionately about how people can make a positive difference in the life of a child if they just act.

Ashley's grandparents made a huge difference in her life when they took responsibility of raising her when her mother, a meth addict, couldn't properly care for her.

Ashley should be proud of what's she is doing!

April is Child Abuse and Neglect Awareness month. I hope that we will also heed Ashley's message and stand up for children everywhere. For more information about child abuse and neglect click on this link.