CSI Pays Off - Again


Ever have mixed feelings about technology?  What’s that saying about mixed feelings – “seeing your mother-in-law drive over a cliff in your brand new Mercedes”? 
This time, for the IFPD, technology paid off nicely with some reoccuring burglaries.  Unlike Hollywood, technology doesn’t solve cases, but it helps.  Flowers at the Falls was hit three times over the past four months.  Each time a window or door was broken.
We solved the case with a blend of new tech fingerprint analysis, foot prints, and old fashioned detective work.  Our Crime Scene Tech managed to collect finger prints from glass shards which led investigators to a suspect we arrested last night.  One without the other wouldn’t have gotten the job done.
By the way, I’m lucky.  I have a really cool mother-in-law.  No, really!  And my children's spouses also have a great mother-in-law. 
I think I can hear Rebecca's voice whispering in the back of my mind, "stop digging."