Royce Clements Promoted to Captain


Royce has demonstrated solid leadership and an incredible passion for police work.  He bleeds blue.  That’s one of the reasons I selected him as captain.  Here’s a video of the commissioning.
Royce and his grandson Gage
Royce started his police career January 11, 1982. I know that because he started one week after me and we went to the police academy together. During our morning runs at the academy, he usually came in ahead of me, but I’d like to point out that I did beat him once, though I think he was sick (of running?).

Royce is an FBI National Academy graduate and has received the Medal of Valor.  He is currently the SWAT Commander.

When Royce’s son, Dan, decided to become a cop, Royce did cartwheels (I would like to have seen that).  Dan, pictured above, was recently promoted to Sergeant in Twin Falls and is well on his way to a distinguished career.  I guess the acorn doesn’t fall far from the tree.


Is Royce really that tall or are Kerry & Irene just short?