Community Night Out






(I asked Joelyn to write this post - sroos) You can spend months planning an event with no idea whether or not something will come together. At the time you execute it you pray such that it does.

Thankfully plans for Wednesday night’s 11th annual Community Night Out – with a few hiccups – worked out exactly as planned and overall I deem it a success! That’s based on my own eyewitness account as I watched hundreds of people crowd the Greenbelt listening to music, participating in activities, eating food and generally having a good time.

If you don’t believe me – be sure to check out the evidence photos I took on Wednesday.

I was glad I was there; especially considering I’d dreamt the night before that I’d missed Community Night Out!  The dream must have been a good omen.

I wish I could take all the credit, but I can’t. Community Night Out could not have been done without the many people, organizations and businesses that really stepped up to the plate to make this happen. Months ago when we started our planning meetings people brought several new ideas to the table in hopes of adding to an already successful event. They also took the time and effort to be there – which is what I really appreciate.

It also could not have been done without the many community members that came out to support the event. Plus, they should receive kudos for helping to eat up the majority of the food – despite the fact we ran out of ketchup.  

Now – though I may recoup for a few days – it’s time to start thinking about next year’s event. I hope we can make the 12th annual Community Night Out even more fun and more successful. Any ideas?


Posted by Joelyn Hansen